Date(s) - 06/10/2016 - 06/12/2016
YAC (which is short for Youth Annual Conference) is a weekend for youth from the East Ohio Conference of the United Methodist Church to meet together for a time of worship, leadership development, and fellowship. A weekend for teens planned by teens! The mission statement for Youth Annual Conference is, “Empowering youth to be leaders in the church for today, by striving for a loving relationship with Jesus Christ.” This is a great opportunity to develop as a teen Christian Leader. To connect with other United Methodist teens in East Ohio and to understand the connection we have with one another across Ohio and around the world!
- Caucasus: District meetings to learn about other activities within your District.
- Business sessions: The time when, reports, presentations, resolutions take place at YAC.
- Candle Walk: Time for you to connect with God by song, and candle. We typically walk from Hoover Auditorium to the Lakefront for a prayer service.
- Games: Organized sports and activities to encourage youth to meet youth from other churches.
- Concerts, presentations, and worship: Multiple sessions of Christian music, special guest speakers, and worship sessions. A worship service on Sunday morning, with communion, will end the event.
- Free time: Time is saved in the schedule for you to enjoy the beautiful setting at Lakeside. Swim in the lake, shop, play games, or just get a snack at one of the local restaurants.
Please plan to join us at Lakeside, Ohio. Youth from 7th-12th grade … mark your calendars & get excited about going!
|Early bird registration, through April 30||$38, includes t-shirt|
|Regular registration, May 1 – 25||$48, includes t-shirt|
|Walk-In registration||$68, t-shirt not guarenteed|
|Meal plan: Friday dinner||$9.00|
|Meal plan: Saturday – Sunday||$30.00|
|Estimated other spending money||$15.00 – 30.00|
Note – Four of our youth are members of Conference Council on Youth Ministries (CCYM), and their expenses and housing is included in their annual CCYM fees. They are expected to participate in YAC, but do not have to register.