What is a Community Group?
Community Groups (small groups) are at the heart of our mission as a church – “to make and mature Disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the World.” God created us for relationships – with Him and others. A Community Group is simply a small group of people from all different backgrounds, with similar interests, that get together frequently to share a meal, have some fun, discuss their faith journey and discuss how they can serve those in need.
Why should I join a Community Group?
If you answer “Yes” to any of these questions, you should probably join a Community Group…
- Would you like to connect with other believers in your community with similar interests?
- Would you like to experience a greater sense of community?
- Would you like a safe place to share your thoughts, questions, experiences, and doubts regarding your relationship with God and your faith journey?
- Would you like an environment where you can go deeper with the weekend message and discuss how you can actively apply it to your life?
- Would you like to have people in your life that pray for you and are willing to serve and care for you when you need help?
- Would you like a place to bring your un-churched spouse, family member, or friend to meet other followers of Jesus in a fun, no-pressure, and casual atmosphere?
- Would you like to serve people in need and make an impact in the lives of others?
- Would you like “church” to go beyond what you experience on Sunday mornings?
How do I join a Community Group?
You can join an existing Community Group and get to know others with similar interests. Click the “JOIN a Group” button below to find groups that best fit you.
Or, you can start a new group with some family, friends, neighbors, co-workers, etc. who attend Chardon Church – or maybe don’t even attend church but are willing and open to discussions about God. We will help guide you in starting a new group. Click the “START a Group” button below, fill in your information and someone will be in touch shortly.