Judge Grendell’s Youth Program has again offered over 200 plants for us to plant and grow in our Community Garden & distribute to others in need. Lend your green thumb! Leader & grower sign-up sheet will be on the atrium desk.
We are seeking a leader or co-leaders who will coordinate most of the Community Garden activities. This person will be assisted by Gary Stevenson and Dale McCartney who led last year’s activities. Primary responsibilities to include:
- Be the contact person for all community garden activities.
- Assemble a garden team to: encourage others to join in our Community Garden. This year we will be extending the free use of the garden to any family and friends of CUMC attendees. They should highlight that participation can be a rewarding family experience that teaches about God’s ability to provide.
- Assist in planting & weeding of plants including the donated plants from Judge Grindell’s youth development program.
- Schedule Spring cultivation of garden using a hired tractor with cultivator.
- Re-erect plastic “critter” fence.
- Layout & assign garden plots for growers.
- Coordinate periodic hose watering from storage tank (weather dependent).
- Work with local groups to arrange distribution of food to those in need.